04 April 2023 – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will offer an online aquatic vegetation management program on April 14 from noon to 2 p.m.
The cost is $20 for the Aquatic Vegetation and Water Quality Management for Ponds. Participants must register at https://tx.ag/April14AquaticManagement.
After payment has been received, a follow-up email from the event organizer will be sent with instructions on how to access the webinar. For any questions, contact Jacklyn Jones at Jacklyn.jones[at]ag.tamu.edu.
Two Texas Department of Agriculture, TDA, continuing education units are available—one general and one integrated pest management.
Aquatic vegetation management topics
Brittany Chesser, AgriLife Extension aquatic vegetation management specialist, is the course instructor. She will cover:
- Aquatic vegetation management strategies available to landowners in Texas.
- Control methods including physical/mechanical control, biological control utilizing triploid grass carp and Mozambique tilapia, and chemical control using the 15 active ingredients approved for aquatic use by both the Environmental Protection Agency and TDA.
- How to identify 10 common aquatic vegetation groups or species.
- How to use available options to develop an integrated pest management strategy to offer effective control.
- Acceptable and optimal ranges for both a fishery and for aquatic vegetation management.
- Herbicide applications for specific active ingredients.
Source : https://agrilifetoday.tamu.edu/
Top 5 Ag Universities for Ag MBA in the US
30 June 2023 - If you're looking to advance your career in the field of...
Cheapest Agriculture Universities in Canada
29 June 2023 - Affordable Options for Agricultural Studies When it comes to...
Top Five Agri Career Mistakes
25 June 2023 - Agriculture is an industry that offers numerous opportunities for...